Legend

Legend

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sweet but very short

why are the songs that I love so much are too short ??

Yes, I am taking about those bit songs.
(It comes like a "Vaaa Ma Minnnnallll" type )

Illayaraja has used the bit songs very aptly to fit to the situation. Wherever director wanted to convey a mood without too many dialogues, Ilaiyaraaja used his " Weapon" - Bit Song.

Some of my favorite short songs under Illayaraja's compositions are:

1)  யமுனை ஆற்றிலே ஈர காற்றிலே - தளபதி 
     I don't know what to tell about this composition. Honestly, It was a evergreen song as well as great effort by  
     a singer. what a voice (superb ice-cream for music lovers like me).
    
                     


2)  சொல்லால் அடித்த சுந்தரி - சின்ன கவுண்டர்.    
    I cannot imagine how Vijaykanth (Chinna Koundar) could have ever expessed sorrow    when  
    Sukanya turns down his gift (in the form of money for saving his mother) without the help of   
    "Sollal Aditha Sundari".

                           

3) நெத்தியில பொட்டு - விருமாண்டி  

                           

4) யாரது யாரது - பிதாமகன் 

                           

5) தன்மானம் உள்ள நெஞ்சு - மகாநதி  

                           

6) ஆத்துல அன்னக்கிளி - வீரா

                           

I'm sure, there are quite a few more....doesn't come to my mind instantly... 
Your comments are welcome...
    

1 comment: